Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sweet Potatoes, Mushrooms, & Spinach Over Wild Mushroom Couscous

Cooking for my family is a constant challenge to say the least. We all have different ideas of what is appetizing  You will soon notice that I will be posting a wide variety of recipes. I love comfort food, whereas my husband enjoys meals with more of a gourmet flair. My two youngest like your typical kid friendly foods. Then there is my teenage daughter who gave up eating meat a year ago. Today I am sharing with you one of  her favorite vegetarian meals. 


Sweet Potato, Mushroom, & Spinach over Wild Mushroom Couscous


1 small onion, sliced
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 handfuls spinach
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small baked sweet potato, cubed
1 box wild mushroom & herb couscous 
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Cook the wild mushroom and herb couscous according to directions. While couscous is cooking heat olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute for two minutes. Then add mushrooms, garlic, and spinach. Cook until spinach has cooked down. Last add your baked sweet potato, salt and pepper. Cook until sweet potato is heated through.  Serve over couscous. Serves 2-3 people. 



Is cooking for your family a challenge?


3 comments:

  1. I just bought couscous! Now I have a recipe to try with it! :-) Thanks for dropping by my site during the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's day! Thank you for stopping by and following along Angie! I am now following your lovely blog as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods, I love them! This looks yummy, my two boys are huge fans of mushrooms, I bet they would like this :)

    ReplyDelete